Individuals and families that have accumulated significant assets have the responsibility to protect their wealth. The estate planning attorneys at Ferguson Cohen LLP in Greenwich, Connecticut, provide their clients with experienced and trusted legal advice in the following fields: asset protection, pension planning, tax planning, and family business succession planning.
Our unique blend of business acumen and legal experience is complemented by a personal approach that is the hallmark of our boutique firm.
In addition to our extensive estate planning services, we represent clients in matters involving commercial real estate, residential real estate, and general civil litigation as well as serving as corporate counsel for small and mid-size companies.
Matching Your Estate Plan To Your Goals
Estate documents cannot be generic forms that are simply filled in with the appropriate names. We take the time to fully understand the unique aspects of your situation in order to create a customized estate plan that achieves your goals.
Our lawyers work with a wide variety of clients who have an equally diverse set of estate planning and litigation needs. Some have a strong sense of what they want to achieve, while others appreciate our ability to help them frame the important directives that will make up their comprehensive estate plan. We help our clients:
- Minimize estate taxes as well as federal and state income taxes
- Protect inheritance from misuse and poor decision-making through the use of trusts and other tools
- Plan for the possibility of incapacity with revocable living trusts and powers of attorney
- Avoid the potentially stressful and costly probate process
- Focus on wealth preservation issues such as the transfer of family businesses, protection from creditors, and qualification for government benefits and services
In the area of probate and estate administration, we advise executors, administrators and trustees in connection with administration duties and represent individuals in estate litigation.
We welcome the opportunity to answer your questions and provide sound recommendations for the best steps to take. Contact us to schedule an appointment. For your convenience, we have offices in Bridgehampton and White Plains, New York, in addition to our main office in Greenwich. We also provide legal services from an office in Naples, Florida.