Attorneys Who Know.
Attorneys Who Care.
Gerard M. Wrynn
- Trusts and Estates Litigation; Planning and Administration
- Real Estate
Since 1988, Gerard M. Wrynn has focused his practice in areas of wills, trusts and estates. With experience in all aspects of estate planning, trust and estate administration, including New York State Surrogate's Court Proceedings and proceedings in the Connecticut Probate Courts. Mr. Wrynn's expertise ranges from the simple to complex. His extensive experience dealign with the Internal Revenue Service, New York State Department of Taxation and Finance and the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services, on many varied matters, including the processing and audit of estate and gift tax returns, benefits clients at both the agent and appeals levels.
Active in legal circles, Mr. Wrynn is a member of the Probate and Trust Law Section of the American Bar Association, The Real Property, The Trust and Estates and Elder Law Sections of the New York State Bar Association, the Greenwich, Connecticut, Westchester County (NY), and Queens County (NY) Bar Associations. Sharing his broad knowledge with the community, he has lectured before numerous groups, corporations and associations regarding estate planning; including the American Institue of Certified Public Accountants; St. John's University Alumni and New York State Bar Association Membership. Mr. Wrynn also donates a generous amount of his time to charitable causes. In recognition of his pro bono work in the Town of Greenwich, CT, Mr. Wrynn was the 2011 recipient of the Pro Bono Award presented by the Hon. David L. Hopper, Probate Judge for the Town of Greenwich. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Beachside Soccer Club of CT Inc. in Norwalk, Connecticut.
- St. John's University School of Law, Jamaica, New York
- J.D. - 06/1987
- St. John's University; College of Business Administration, Jamaica, New York
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 05/1984
- Honors: Dean's Certificate
- Major: Economics
- New York, 1989
- Connecticut, 2001
- Board Member; Beachside Soccer Club of CT, 01/2014 to Present
- BSC of Connecticut Inc., 02/2012 to 12/2013
- Storey & Ross, PC, Attorney; Associate, 06/1987 to 06/1988
- Bleakley Platt & Schmidt, Attorney; Associate, 08/1988 to 08/1990
- Breed Abbott & Morgan, Attorney; Associate, 09/1990 to 07/1992
- MacKay & Wrynn, Attorney; Partner, 07/1992 to 08/1996
- Bleakley Platt & Schmidt, Attorney; Associate, 09/1996 to 12/2005
- New York State Bar Association, Sustaining Member; Trusts and Estates and Elder Law Sections, 01/1990 to Present
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, 01/2003 to Present
- Westchester County Bar Association, Member, 01/1997 to Present
- Queens County Bar Association, Member, 01/1995 to Present