Helping People Move Ahead With Confidence
Whether you are buying, selling or renting residential real estate in Connecticut or New York, you want to be assured that the agreements you sign will not come with unwanted surprises. The experienced real estate attorneys at Ferguson Cohen LLP in Greenwich, Connecticut, want to protect your interests and ensure that your transaction goes smoothly.
We represent buyers and sellers in Connecticut and New York with respect to all residential real estate matters, including:
- Negotiating terms of real estate purchase and sales agreements
- Drafting residential real estate contracts
- Reviewing contracts to ensure clients’ interests are protected
- Reviewing and analyzing the status of title to the property
- Resolving title issues
- Preparing and/or reviewing closing documents
- Reviewing loan documents and mortgage agreements
- Discussing types of ownership and title to the property
- Landlord-tenant disputes
- Foreclosures and foreclosure defense
- Construction contract issues and litigation
Making Sure Your Real Estate Transaction Goes Smoothly
Whether this is your first home purchase or your 50th, you want to be assured that everything is in order. We can serve as your closing agent — providing you the benefit of having a representative who is knowledgeable in real estate law involved throughout the process.
If any legal questions arise throughout the transaction, our real estate lawyers can provide legal advice.
If you hold a substantial amount of investment property, you are likely concerned about minimizing your tax liability, as well as planning for inheritance by children or other loved ones. Our knowledgeable estate planning attorneys will recommend smart estate planning steps.
We also advise clients regarding commercial real estate transactions and litigation.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you on any real estate matters. Call or use our contact form to schedule an appointment.